20 July, 2014

Untitled #3

Three, two, one
Beep
The movie starts
The lights are out

It’s a thriller and
I’m on a date
Her curfew is eleven
It’s only seven

The movie is a scary one
‘Bout a killer in a small town
Just like ours

She grips the arm rest
In anticipation
‘This is my chance’, I think
I rest my hand on top of hers

I blush
And look away
Hoping this wouldn’t end my day
I turn to her

She’s looking away
Then turns to me
Rosy red cheeks
But puts up no struggle

A real scary part
She gasps, popcorn spills
She whispers to me, “This is giving me the chills.”
I hold her hand even more firmly

She leans into me
And I into her

The movie is over too soon

Leaving we find a bench
Chatting idly
She passionate about books
And I, history

Smiling nonstop

Her curfew is almost up
I take her home
Parents glad, I made it in time

Parting phrases
I leave the porch
The door opens

She moves to me
Kisses my cheek
Tells me to call her soon
Leaves

I smile

1 comment:

  1. I very much like the way this gives you the feeling of a first date that went very well. The small things that you notice and think about long after, especially at the beginning of a relationship. I also like that though it is more tame sexually than kissing or sex, it still has the intensity of the moment. Very well captured in such few words. Bravo, sir.

    ReplyDelete