21 July, 2014

Something Treasured

Back then I wanted to be loved
So I let you in my arms and in my pants
I thought that if I gave you something treasured
That ours would be a love
that'd last forever

That's what I always saw on the T.V.
If you love somebody you give them your virginity
And your love would never fall apart
That's all I ever wanted down deep
in my heart

But the media never did tell the whole truth
I am still alone, filled with so much ruth
But I learned a valuable lesson that day
Your body isn't some prize meant to
be given away

The only treasure one can truly give
Is what little time you have left on Earth to live
Virginity isn't as special as they made it out to be
Time should be treasured as the
truly precious commodity

No comments:

Post a Comment