I remember our first kiss
It wasn't my first kiss
and certainly wasn't yours,
but it was ours
I think it was the last day of school
or near it
and we had been going steady
which meant I could hold your hand
and go to movies with you
and later, when I was really brave
try to go further,
but that day I was still young
and innocent
I was a romantic idealist who
always saw the good in everything
gullible
oblivious to my youth
and how little I knew
but none of that mattered in the moment
I ran up to you amidst the crowd
of other starry eyed students
and kissed you, a peck really
You didn't expect it
and I took off for my bus without
a word
I was happy
It didn't matter that it wasn't my
first kiss
nor yours
It was special because
it was ours
17 July, 2014
Our First Kiss
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment