Quietly quaint, looking long
The road labors ahead
Carrying us upon our journey
Tall tree’s shadows shroud
The path we choose to take
My father, gently, tells me – this trip is for my sake
There’s something, I know, I don’t understand why
But I see my mamma’s face – they look like she could cry
And something tells me soon, I will die
My sister holds my hand in hers
My brother’s arm draped ’round my shoulders
Smiling, though not sincere – I know what it is they fear
We reach our destination – but it is just a start
Mamma’s hand in my left, Papa’s in my right
Mamma prays, “Please do your part.”
Up a trail we climb, high–high–high
I wince, my chest hurts – it’s my heart, my hand’s squeezed tight
Brave and strong, I say to them, “I’m alright.”
We reach our final destination and at once I see
My dream come true, far out below me
Nothing but clear sky
The road labors ahead
Carrying us upon our journey
Tall tree’s shadows shroud
The path we choose to take
My father, gently, tells me – this trip is for my sake
There’s something, I know, I don’t understand why
But I see my mamma’s face – they look like she could cry
And something tells me soon, I will die
My sister holds my hand in hers
My brother’s arm draped ’round my shoulders
Smiling, though not sincere – I know what it is they fear
We reach our destination – but it is just a start
Mamma’s hand in my left, Papa’s in my right
Mamma prays, “Please do your part.”
Up a trail we climb, high–high–high
I wince, my chest hurts – it’s my heart, my hand’s squeezed tight
Brave and strong, I say to them, “I’m alright.”
We reach our final destination and at once I see
My dream come true, far out below me
Nothing but clear sky
No comments:
Post a Comment