19 July, 2014

Untitled #4

Love’s sweet mystery
Falls upon my ears–
But I know I’ll never comprehend
The woman I hold dear

Iris colored lilac
Red rose upon her cheeks
Honey scented sweetness
I hold upon my knee

Voice like bell chimes ring
That tells me of sweet things
– Lost in her sound
She squeezes me tight – it brings me ’round

Cherry colored lipstick sits upon her lips
With which, from my cup, she takes dainty sips
The dress she wears, complements, and makes her look a beaut–
And she promises, quietly to me, her undergarments are as cute

And if all my moments could be like this – in bliss
I know these times, forever, I’d miss
But they will soon come to an end — And that sure makes me sore
Because, when the Sun comes up,
I go off to war

1 comment:

  1. I usually don't like poems that rhyme, but I like how this one captures the essence of the woman and happiness felt when she is near. It ends with a daunting line, that shows how fleeting this happiness is, yet the fleeting bliss makes it very relate-able.

    ReplyDelete