24 August, 2014

Sarah's Stages of Grief



At first there was denial,
because I didn’t want to accept
this was the end-
that all we went through, all that I
felt
was for nothing.
Then I tried to bargain.
Maybe, just maybe, if I had
A little more time
you would see things my way
and stay
and nothing would have gone to waste.
But when I realized that no matter
what I did
I could no longer reach you
I sank-
lower than I’ve ever been,
so low that I never thought I’d
see the light again.
It was then that I hated.
I hated so much
and in my head
I wished things that should never
be said
and only seething with anger could I
overcome the heartache,
because it’s easier to hate than
it is to love
and not have that feeling returned.
So farewell
I wish I would have never
known you
but since I do
you’ll have to accept that I
hate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment