06 August, 2014

At my door

It's been a little bit since I posted something new. On leave before I deploy and I've been slow at writing (but I swear I have been writing!) As proof, here's something I just wrote:

A specter comes knockin' at my door
I can see him everywhere
Driving down the road; a car doesn't stop
Flying on a plane; an engine fails
A specter comes knockin' at my door

I can see him everywhere
Though I try to deny it
Because I'm too afraid of the truth
That he will eventually get me
I can see him everywhere

Though I try to deny it
It does me no good
Reality is just too harsh
Death comes to us all
Thought I try to deny it

It does me no good
Though I try to deny it
I can see him everywhere
A specter comes knockin' at my door-
It does me no good...

No comments:

Post a Comment